Wanaka’s only dedicated butcher
Quality NZ beef, super tasty and easy roasting
Made onsite from quality NZ beef
SAUSAGE OF THE WEEK: 100% beef – $14.99/kg
Specials valid 15-20 July 2019 or while stocks last.
The Butcher’s Block and Smokehouse Wanaka opened in December 2015, and since that time has elicited a very positive response from many happy customers – locals, holiday home owners and visitors. The Butcher’s Block directors Bruce Scott and Jeff Smith are very appreciative of the ongoing positive feedback. We love being part of the Wanaka community and providing a retail, wholesale and homekill service that’s valued around the region.
From April 2016, The Butcher’s Block and Smokehouse Wanaka has been licensed to process homekill and recreational hunted game right here in Wanaka, and from November 2016, we offer a mobile homekill slaughtering service. Turn your homekilled beef, sheep, pigs and deer, or hunted game, including game birds, into a full range of butchery meat cuts and our fantastic sausages, salami and more! Full details are on the dedicated homekill and game pages. Please feel free to visit the shop at 33 Reece Cres or call on 443 5017 with any questions.
Here are a few reasons why customers tell us they come in for their meat every week:
- We make all our smallgoods onsite – an ever-changing array of fantastic sausages with many gluten-free options, Manuka-smoked bacon made the traditional way, super tasty beef and venison salami, chorizo – including a hot-hot version, and delicious ham – the standout of many Wanaka Christmases! There are also biersticks, frankfurters, cheerios, saveloys and our own luncheon meat. Yum!
- Each week you’ll find some great fresh meat cuts on special – check our Facebook page – as well as a wide array of fresh beef, chicken, pork, venison and lamb cuts available in-store from the South Island’s best suppliers. We have counter displays where you can choice the exact number or weight of meat for us to pack for you, or pick up something for dinner from the pre-pack chiller cabinets.
- Our fantastic gourmet chicken parcels – imagine our Manuka-smoked bacon wrapped around a fresh boneless chicken thigh to create a chicken mignon, or a stuffed, bacon-wrapped chicken pillow. So simple to cook, and so delicious to eat!
- We’re always happy to order, cut and bone any special cuts of meat that you’d like, such as standing rib beef roasts, rolled pork roasts, or boned and butterflied lamb shoulder.
- We have some great value meat packs available year round.
- We offer some fantastic value bulk buys such as quarter of beef, half a pig and a whole lamb.
- We support the Wanaka community with our fundraiser sausages so your sports team or club can profit by selling these at sausage sizzles.
From time to time, we’ll send out a short, sweet newsletter for customers who’d like to know some of our behind-the-scenes happenings or hear about new fresh and smoked products or special meat packs. Sign up for our e-newsletters.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you in our Wanaka butcher’s shop at 33 Reece Crescent any time!
Bruce Scott and Jeff Smith