- Get your pork out of the fridge a good 20-30 minutes before you plan to cook and take it out of its packaging. Leave to come to room temperature.
- Heat the pan to a medium / high temperature. Season and oil your pork.
- Pan-fry 6 minutes on one side.
- Flip the pork over and fry for 2 minutes on the other side.
- Rest the pork off the heat for at least 2 minutes in a warm place. Cover loosely with foil if you need a few more minutes to finish your vegetables.
About the pork you buy from The Butcher’s Block and Smokehouse
We source virtually all our pork from Havoc Farm Pork, a highly regarded southern South Island supplier which operates between South Canterbury and Otago.
This family-owned business farms with high animal welfare standards and constant attention to the ethics and sustainability of their farming practices.
We use Havoc Farm Pork for all our fresh pork cuts and pork products made on-site, such as bacon, ham, sausages and more, so you can be sure of true paddock to plate traceability and higher welfare pork.
Browse our range of pork cuts and handmade pork meat products.