How to get your farm animal to us in good condition
- All farm animals slaughtered by the owner and dropped off in carcass form must have the head, feet, skin and innards removed.
- It is your responsibility to ensure the carcass is free of hair, faeces and flies.
- Chill the carcass as quickly and efficiently as possible to reduce the risk of bone taint.
- Any meat you have taken off the carcass yourself, as trim, should be kept wrapped/contained and chilled before drop-off.
- Before drop-off, please call ahead on (03) 443-5017 so we can meet you at the side door and weigh in your carcass or meat.
- Download and complete the relevant meat cutting form to bring in with your animal. Alternatively, we can go through this with you during drop-off.
We strongly recommend booking ahead for carcass drop-off as well as large quantities of trim so we can offer you the best possible service and meat quality.
Our processing schedule is often very busy and we don’t like turning away customers who haven’t talked to us before slaughtering their farm animal.
Call us on (03) 443-5017 or email email@example.com