Packaging, delivery and collection
What are the delivery areas and costs?
- Local includes Wanaka and Albert Town only. Flat rate per carton, including packaging and courier fees, up to 10kg.
- Central Otago includes Hawea, Luggate, Queensberry, Tarras, Cardrona, Glendhu Bay, Cromwell, Queenstown and Alexandra. Flat rate per carton, including packaging and courier fees, up to 10kg.
- Rest of Otago and Southland is all of Otago outside the above areas, plus Southland. Flat rate for the first 10kg, including packaging and courier fees, plus a rate per each additional 1kg.
- Rest of South Island includes Canterbury, West Coast (including Makarora), Nelson and Marlborough. Flat rate for the first 3kg, including packaging and courier fees, plus a rate per each additional 1kg.
- All of North Island is self-explanatory. Flat rate for the first 3kg, including packaging and courier fees, plus a rate per each additional 1kg.
Can you deliver to a Rural Delivery address?
Generally yes, although please consider whether your rural delivery contractor can handle perishable items and use an urban delivery address if needed.
All rural deliveries include a $4.68 surcharge. Please select the Rural Delivery option for your relevant region at checkout.
How do you pack my order?
All online store orders are cut and packed on the day of dispatch.
For all courier deliveries, we vacuum pack your fresh meat and smallgoods to ensure their best possible quality from our store to your kitchen. Vacuum packing seals in freshness, prevents oxidation and leakage during transit, and is an excellent option if you wish to freeze certain cuts. Some products, including sausages, are already frozen when dispatched; the product category or description will state ‘frozen’ where relevant. Please note that unopened packs of sausages can be safely refrozen as they were originally frozen in a blast chiller.
Your order is then packed into a Chilltainer with ice packs, ready for NZ Post to collect. They scan your order on collection from our premises which then notifies you by email of the delivery timing, normally the day after they collect from us.
How soon will my order be delivered?
Deliveries are generally overnight if ordered by 11am on a weekday. Orders placed from Thursday afternoon to Sunday night are usually delivered the following Tuesday.
All deliveries are made during the day, so please consider the best address for daytime delivery of these perishable items. The courier will not leave your order if the delivery location is not suitable, and we take no responsibility for your meat order, if a secure/safe location is not provided for the courier.
Can I pick up my order?
Yes, we welcome click and collect orders from local customers! Please allow at least 24 hours for us to prepare your order ready for your collection. If we can prepare it sooner, we’ll let you know.
Click and collect orders placed Saturday or Monday will be ready for collection on Tuesday, and orders placed before 11am Tuesday to Friday are ready to pick up the next day. It’s helpful if you can provide us with an approximate pickup time as well. You’re welcome to specify a later day for collection if you wish.
If you are collecting your order from our Wanaka butcher’s shop, you can opt to have your products wrapped in paper, rather than vacuum-packed. However, please be aware some products, such as chicken, fresh salmon and marinated cuts, may leak and we typically pack these in plastic bags.
If you have any queries, please call us on 03 4435017 or email email@example.com and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.